Wednesday, December 12, 2007

saving water

Some of these tips you probably know ...  I'm not sure about the one I've quoted below, however.

"Don't pour cooking water down the drain. Water from pasta, vegetables, rice and potatoes can be saved in the refrigerator for a couple of days and used for soup. That captures flavor and water-soluble vitamins and minerals, too. (Potato cooking water is great for making bread.)"

I like the idea of reusing the water, but I'm not sure I make soup often enough for this to make sense.

When I have the resources to build a dream house out of something other than LEGOs, it will have a grey water system that will reroute wastewater from drains into the toilets so that I'm not flushing away drinkable liquids. But until then, I'll just continue to overwater my house plants.

1 comment:

Mair said...

"Gray water" sounds a lot nicer than it is. It's like Michael Ciarello and his obsession with gray salt.

Or perhaps not like that at all.